Saturday 7 December 2013

Shiseido Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam Review


Hey guys! I'm back with another review, this time for a cleanser by Shiseido. I'm pretty sure everyone knows of the luxury brand Shiseido that you can buy pretty much anywhere in the world, but this is not the same thing. Shiseido has multiple different lines of products in Japan, ranging in price. This is from their more affordable "drugstore" range, so unfortunately if you live outside of Asia you will probably have to order online. 

I had heard a lot of rave reviews on this product but I probably would have never picked it up if I hadn't have picked it up if I didn't see it at my local Asian supermarket. This is my second tube, so obviously I'm glad I decided to try it!


The packaging is quite basic but not ugly. I like it since it's quite unisex so it can be used by anyone (since I know a lot of men refuse to use stuff with feminine packaging). It's also convenient since it's in a squeeze tube. The tube is quite soft so it's not difficult to squeeze product out. It's similar to a tube of toothpaste.


The hole is rather large but it's not a problem since the product itself is quite gooey and thick so you don't have to worry about anything leaking out. I also like it because it's easier to visualize how much product you're using. I usually use an edamame bean sized amount.


This is roughly the amount I use. I might use a little more if I want more foam.


As you can see, the texture is quite gooey and thick as I mentioned above.


Here's the back of the tube with the ingredients list, which is unimpressive to be blunt. It's not bad, but nothing on there really jumps out at me. It's a very basic ingredients list for a cleanser.

The cleanser itself is also quite basic. It offers no other function other than to thoroughly cleanse the skin, which is not a bad thing! Especially for people with sensitive skin or people who like to keep their skincare simple, this is a really good cleanser. I don't really see the point in having fancy ingredients or special functions in your cleanser since it's only on your face for about a minute, then you rinse it off. It doesn't really have time to do anything spectacular to your skin so I prefer cleansers when their only purpose is cleansing. If they only have to do one job, they're gonna do it quite well, right? haha

This is the perfect cleanser (for me) during spring and summer because it cleanses thoroughly and leaves your skin feeling clean but not dry. In the winter I prefer something more gentle and slightly moisturizing like a cleansing milk or cleansing gel which is why I choose to use this in the warmer months.


The commercial above shows the model achieving a perfect shaving-cream-like lather just by massaging it in the palm of her hand and adding water. I tried that when I first got it, and it did work into an impressive lather, but it took over 5 minutes and it was not as thick as the foam shown in the commercial. This is how it looks when you just rub it between your hands with water for about 15 seconds.


What I suggest is that you use a foaming net with this cleanser. When used with a foaming net, you get a very thick foam like shaving cream that feels really nice on the skin. It also means you're being gentler on your skin since the thick foam acts as a sort of cushion between your hands and your face.


This is what it looks like when used with a foaming net lol. I only used around the amount shown in the picture above.

As for makeup removal, it does remove makeup quite efficiently. I only used this once to remove makeup, only because I wanted to include it in my review since it's probably something people want to know. I usually use cleaning oil to remove makeup before going in with a cleansing foam. I don't recommend using cleansing foams to remove makeup because you would have to use it twice. Once to remove the makeup and a second time to cleanse your skin. Doing this could cause your skin to dry out, which is why I recommend to use a separate makeup remover.

Overall, I really enjoy this cleanser! I won't say it's my HG since I prefer different cleansers for different purposes and different times of the year (and I like trying new products), but I can say I will probably always have a tube of this in my bathroom since it is such a good cleanser. As an overall rating, I would give it 5/5 stars.

Thank you for reading, I hope you found this review helpful! Have a nice day!

1 comment: